How to Create Your Own Blog Easily and Easy Way to bloggers 2021-Learn how to create a blog @ how to make your own website step by step until it’s ready to go online!
How to Create Your Own Blog Easily and Easy Way to bloggers 2021
You want to create a blog and want to know how to do it.
And if you can, you might want to do it yourself.
In fact, creating a blog is not as difficult as you might think.
With a little guidance, you can definitely do it.
In this post, I try to help you learn to create your own blog.
As complete as possible and in easy -to -understand language.
Definitely can do that.
- What is a blog and what differentiates it from a web page
- 25 Best SEO Plugins for WordPress You Need To Know
- How to Create a Blog 2021 6 Steps to Become a Blogger [Free Guide]…
- 5 Ways to Make Your Personal Blog Look Professional
If you succeed later, you can try to make money with a blog.
Before we start we look first:
What are the key requirements for Creating a Blog?
To have a blog @ create your own blog you need:
- Domain & hosting – The name and place to save your blog
- Budget – To buy a domain and hosting
- Time – Time to create a blog to completion
First of all, you need to get a domain and hosting for your blog.
The domain is the name of your blog for example www.ithmm.com.
Hosting is where the files for your blog are stored.
Usually, these domains and hosting you can get once from the company of your choice.
Can also buy from different companies, but it’s easy to buy one place.
It’s nice to take care of you.
Then you need a little expense to buy the domain and hosting.
About RM120 ++ per year for domain and hosting.
(Follow which company you bought the domain and hosting from)
The amount you spend will be easily covered when your blog starts to bring in income later.
I will explain later how to buy in the next section.
Maybe you’re thinking, why not just create a free blog?
Can we create a free blog with worpress.com or blogger (Blogspot)?
If you want to create a blog just to try it, you can use this free one.
If you are serious about blogging, buy your own domain and hosting.
It is difficult for us to take full advantage of the benefits that can be obtained from blogging with such a free service.
This can’t be done, that can’t be done.
(How to generate income?)
After buying a domain and hosting you need to take some time to install and set up the blog.
This process takes a little time.
But do it only once.
Once ready, you can start focusing on your blog content.
Next topic, before you start blogging:
WordPress as the platform of choice
To create a blog we have to decide which platform to use.
There are WordPress, Blogger (Blogspot), Wix, Drupal and Joomla, and others.
This platform does its job of receiving input from you and converting it into an attractive display for blog visitors to read.
I use WordPress.
Original WordPress from wordpress.org.
- Read also: WordPress.com vs WordPress.org: What’s the difference?
And I suggest you use WordPress too.
(This guide is also made based on the use of WordPress)
WordPress is a popular platform.
1 out of 4 websites you visit uses WordPress.
The advantages of this popularity are technical assistance, unlimited theme options, and plugins.
Again, WordPress is very flexible.
You don’t need to know coding or programming to use it.
But, if you are a coding expert, you can use it in WordPress.
To summarize the benefits of WordPress:
- It is available for blogs
- Easy to use
- Excellent for SEO (organic traffic)
- No coding knowledge required
- Extensive technical assistance
- Various theme options for site design
- Various plugin options to add site-specific functionality
If at this time you are using another platform for example blogger (Blogspot) immediately try to move to WordPress.
How to choose WordPress for a blog?
For this part, there is no need to do anything.
No need to download WordPress.
The option to install WordPress is available in cPanel during the web page setup process.
Ready to create your own blog?
The sequence of Steps How to Create a Blog
Here is the sequence of steps to create a blog:
- Choose a Blog Niche
- Define Domain Name
- Buy Domain and Hosting
- Install WordPress
- Akses Admin WordPress
- Install theme, plugin dan setting
- Buat Page & Post
Let’s follow step by step to create this blog in more detail.
1 Choose a Blog Niche
What are niches? Niche blogs?
Niche in the blogging world means the theme you bring in your blog.
What you tell in your blog.
All the posts you will make are playing around that niche.
Almost synonymous with topic or title.
Examples of niche blogs are travel, hiking, facial skincare, and so on.
For example, the niche for ithmm.com is ‘how to create a blog’.
Why define a niche?
Can I just create a blog and post anything I want?
Yes, no problem.
The blog is yours, the right to decide is up to you.
But if you have a mission behind the creation of the blog, for example, to generate income online, it is best if you define a niche for your blog.
Advantages of Niche Blog.
In summary, the following are some of the advantages of having a niche:
- SEO ranking is still good
- It’s easy for you to get followers
- Easy for you to make a post later
- More trusted by your target readers
- It’s easy for you to generate income
- Very good for affiliates
- Your target readers are more active
A brief example is as follows.
You want to find information about the benefits of vitamin C.
You search near Google and get 2 related search results as follows:
- Article “ benefits of vitamin C ” from a health blog
- Article “ benefits of vitamin C ” from mat hensem blog
Which one do you trust more or are sure to read?
A scan is definitely articled no 1. Isn’t it?
How to choose a Niche Blog?
If you create a blog for your company (travel agency, construction, etc.) of course you have to choose that niche.
If you want to start a blog from 0;
The best options are:
- Create a niche that interests you
- Create a niche that is your specialty
- Create a niche of things you want to learn
For example your hobbies, your expertise, and so on.
You are interested in playing guitar.
Create a niche blog specific to guitar instruments.
You are an expert in the field of farming.
Create a backyard garden niche
You want to learn video editing using the latest software.
Create a video editing tutorial blog.
Tactics like these are very effective for the long term.
When you choose a niche that interests you, you will have fun creating it.
You can insert your feelings or emotions in blog writing.
This makes your blog more interesting.
The probability for a blog to become bland is very high if you do not like the chosen niche.
It’s a bit hard to ‘lie’ to readers.
Even more so if the reader is interested in the niche you choose.
It can be traced to your writing style.
For example, you want to create a focused blog for affiliates.
Based on your research the hottest affiliate niche is natural cosmetic items.
You are not directly interested in the niche but make it too.
You can still create content but it won’t be as fun as you think.
Wanting to publish a post is already dead of lice.
Be a burden and hardship in the long run.
(This is based on my own experience…)
Therefore, when you want to choose a niche, choose based on the 3 categories above.
2 Specify a Domain Name for your Blog
Last you select a niche the next thing is the domain name.
What is the best domain name for your blog?
How to choose the best domain name?
If you are creating a blog for a business/company, of course, you will use the name of the company or business.
If you do not have a specific name the following is a guide you can use to choose the best domain name.
Guide to choosing the best domain name
- Nice to spell
- Happy to remember
- Always select .com as the primary option
- Make sure it hasn’t been used by someone else
- Aim at your topic
- Avoid the use of numbers and symbols
Also refer to this post: 12 Tips for Choosing the Best Domain Name.
For example, you might want to create a blog about personal financial management.
A good domain name according to the above concept is:
Examples of bad domain names are:
techrizwa.com is more interesting because it is easy to remember, easy to spell.
Once read people can know your blog must be related to finance, money, money, or expenses.
On the other hand, techrizwa.com very long, bland, difficult to read, and less interesting.
Looks very formal like a scam.
Maybe there are SEO experts out there who say techrizwa.com is better because it contains keywords.
But remember, SEO now is not like SEO used to be.
No idea for your domain name?
Maybe this link can help you: Wordoid.
Try searching for multiple domain name options for your blog.
Then check if each of the lists is still available for use or not.
To check, can use this link: Instant Domain Checker.
What if you already get the domain name you want can proceed to the next step.
3 Buy Domain and Hosting
This part requires you to spend a little to buy a domain as well as hosting.
The amount of payment required depends on the company @ seller you choose.
What hosting company should I choose?
There are many choices you can make.
For me, if you are just starting out in the blogging world there are 3 things to keep in mind:
- Support & technical assistance – You need a lot of support if you are just getting started. In order not to be stuck when there is a problem.
- Cheap & affordable cost – According to your ability.
- Speed & less downtime – For SEO and also the smoothness of your blog creation.
I currently use services (domain and hosting) from the following 2 companies:
www.namecheap.com is the best top choice if you are just starting out in the blogging world.
Fast, low downtime, and low prices.
You can get a domain and host (stellar package) for RM105 for the first year (discount) and RM160 for the following year.
(Prices may change according to current exchange rates)
But, the main reason I recommend Namecheap is because of their excellent and fast support and help service.
When you run into problems, you just need to contact them via the ‘Livechat’ app on their website (which operates all the time @ 24/7!).
I can guarantee they will treat you well.
In addition, Namecheap will also give you free whois data protection.
This will keep your personal data confidential as the owner of the website @ domain.
www.siteground.com is by far the best company I have ever used.
Very fast (listed in the top-10 list), almost no downtime (99.99%uptime), and good support service.
The price may be a bit expensive compared to NameCheap.
For domains and hosting, the cheapest package is about RM267 for the first year (discount) and RM672 for subsequent years.
If you have more budget or maybe you create a website for a company, don’t think long – continue to take service with site ground. 👍
NOTE: I have used the service from ShiftServer (a local company) as an alternative because the price is relatively cheap. I do NOT recommend that you hire them. I have had bad experiences with them. If you are currently with Shiftserver, immediately try to move your domain and hosting. This is serious.
(I lost 2 websites while with shift server)
Guide to buying domains and hosting packages
Before buying a domain + hosting from any company check first whether there is any promotion or not.
This is to get as many discounts as possible.
Such promotions are often displayed on their websites.
If you choose to use the Namecheap service, you can use the following guide.
(Other companies are more or less the same)
How to Buy Domain + Hosting on Namecheap
Visit the official Namecheap website: www.namecheap.com.
In the menu section click: Hosting> Shared Hosting.
The following options will appear:
If you are just getting started, the best option is the Stellar package.
The cost is about RM65 for the first year (50% discount) and RM130 for subsequent years.
If you select the ‘Stellar’ package, click on the ‘ Get Started ‘ button to proceed.
The next display gives you options with respect to domains:
Click on the ‘ Purchase a new domain ‘ button.
Enter a domain name of your choice:
Make sure the number of subscription years is according to your choice – 1 year, 2 years….
Click on the ‘ Add New Domain to cart ‘ button to continue.
Look at the ‘ Your order ‘ section located on the right (if you use a pc).
Make sure your hosting package and domain are listed in this section.
Click on the ‘ Continue ‘ button to proceed.
The following display will appear:
Make sure the following options are in the list:
- Domain Registration – the domain of your choice
- WhoisGuard – Make sure ‘enabled’. This service is provided free of charge. Aims to hide your personal data.
- Hosting – Stellar.
The amount to be paid is displayed in the ‘Your Subtotal’ section located on the side (right of the PC display)
Before you proceed to pay, first check the promotions section to get the discounts offered.
To see the latest promotions visit the section: Namecheap Promotions
Copy any applicable discount code and enter in the “promo code” column.
Next, click on the ‘ Confirm Order ‘ button.
The next step requires you to create an account with NameCheap. This is important to enable you to manage your website.
Fill in the requested section such as:
- Username – The id you will use to login to the Namecheap account
- Password – Password of your choice
- Confirm Password – To ensure you enter the same password @ correctly
- First name – Nama and
- Last name – Dad’s name or full extension to your name
- Email address – An email address that you can access
Save that information for your login later.
(The same information will be sent to the email you registered)
Make sure all the information is correct then click on the ‘ Create Account and Continue ‘ button to continue.
The next display is the payment method options.
You can choose to pay through:
- Secure Card Payment – You can use a debit or credit card
- Paypal – If you have a PayPal account
- Account Funds – For other options such as bitcoin
I made the payment using the ‘Secure Card Payment’ method by using a Maybank atm card which also functions as a debit card.
To pay using a Maybank debit card, you must first activate your card for overseas transactions.
If you haven’t activated it, you can refer to this guide:
How to activate Maybank Debit Card for online & overseas transactions.
Next, complete the payment method section of your choice.
For example, if you choose to pay using the ‘Secure Card Payment’ method, provide the required information.
Scroll to the bottom and complete the required sections such as the ‘Receipt Details’ section.
(My Renewal Settings section left blank – I created it manually)
Click on the Continue button to complete the payment.
Your domain and hosting will be activated as soon as the payment process is complete.
However, in some cases, you have to wait within an hour.
To ensure that the domain and hosting you purchased are active, try your domain name in the URL field of your internet browser.
If “web not found” or an error does not appear, it means it is already active.
Important Note: If you buy a domain and hosting from Namecheap, do not continue to install WordPress. Leave first for 24 hours. This is to enable SSL sync with your domain and allow you to select domain URLs starting with HTTPS.
When ready, proceed to the next step.
4 Install WordPress
Edit: The picture provided here and the picture of the latest version of WordPress may be slightly different. But the way is still the same, just different positions.
Here’s how to install WordPress on your blog.
How to install WordPress via cPanel
- Access your cPanel by adding /Cpanel at the end of your domain. Example: www.domainanda.com / Cpanel .
- Enter your username and password. The details should be sent to your email.
- If the above method is not successful you can also access cPanel through your account at your blog hosting company or through a link sent to your email by your hosting company.
- Depending on the Cpanel theme used, the main view of the panel looks like the following.
- Go to the Softaculous Apps Installer section. That section is usually located at the bottom of the panel main display.
- Click on the WordPress button.
- The following display will appear.
- At the top, there is an options menu. Click on the Install button. This will take you to the WordPress settings section.
- Software setup section.
- At Choose protocol, you can choose from 4 options of your domain structure. I suggest you choose https: // www because it gives you advantages in terms of security, SEO, and technical. Read Want to use www or not?
- To Choose Domain select your domain.
- For In directory, leave this section blank. Originally there was the word WP_. Delete the word.
- Site Settings section. If you don’t already have an idea to fill out this section, don’t worry. It can also be changed later through the admin panel.
- For Site Name, enter the name of your blog.
- For Site description, fill in a brief description of your blog in 3 to 5 words.
- For Enable Multisite (WPMU), leave this field blank. Do not mark. (unless you understand its uses and terms) .
- Account Admin Section.
- For Admin Username, set your preferred id @ username here. You will use it as access to the admin panel of your blog.
- For Admin Password, set the password of your choice.
- For Email Admin, specify your preferred email here. Originally [email protected] You can replace it with Gmail email or any email you use often.
- Save the username and password. You will use it later to login to the WordPress admin panel.
- Choose the language section. Choose your favorite language.
- The Select Plugin (s) section, this choice is up to you. I just left this section unchecked.
- Advanced Options section.
- For Database Name and Table prefix, leave only the original.
- For Auto Upgrade WordPress Plugins and Auto Upgrade WordPress Themes, follow your convenience. You want to update manually or the system please update right.
- For Backup location, set it at default.
- For the Select theme section, just select any theme, you can change the theme later when there is a theme of your choice.
- Once you are ready and sure of your settings, click on the Install button.
- The WordPress installation process is completed with the following display.
The end of the 29th step means the completion of the WordPress installation process on your blog. Your blog is online and you can start working on it.
5 Akses Admin WordPress
To start working on a blog @ website you need to log into the WordPress panel or admin.
For those of you who are just starting to get used to using the WordPress platform, the admin panel looks like this:
To access your blog’s admin panel, you just need to add /wp-login at the end of your domain. Examples are as follows:
This will take you to the login view of your blog. The login or login display looks like this:
Enter the username and password you registered when you first installed WordPress, then click Log In.
If you forgot your username, you can use the email address you registered when installing WordPress.
6 Install theme, plugin dan Setup blog
There are 3 things you need to manage before your blog is ready for public view.
- Install the appropriate theme
- Install the necessary plugins
- Make basic settings on the blog
Let’s see one by one:
#1. Install the appropriate theme
The theme makes your blog display more attractive and easy for visitors to read.
By default, WordPress will provide you with the original @ ready to install a theme for your blog.
You can change the theme.
And install any theme that suits your blog niche.
To change the theme:
Appearance > Themes > Add New
The Appearance menu is located on the left side of the admin panel. The Add New button is located at the top of the Themes display.
The following display will appear:
There are many theme options for you to choose from. You can use the Search function and featured filter or the Featured, Popular, and Latest menus to help your search.
As a guide for choosing a theme:
- Simple yet good -A heavy theme (has a variety of functions) makes your blog difficult to use and slow.
- Do not choose a theme whose font is difficult to read.
- Choose a responsive theme – The size changes according to the screen size of the PC, tablet, and mobile phone
- See the compatibility of the theme color with the essence of the blog – Dark or light background-color
- View theme rating – Choose an average rating of 4 stars and above.
If you have a more budget, consider buying a premium theme.
The cheapest and best premium themes are available from evanto market.
After getting the theme you like @ appropriate, click Install, then click Activate to activate.
#2. Install the necessary plugins
The plugin works to give your blog additional functionality that is not provided by the theme you installed earlier.
For example plugins for contact forms, for SEO, for site speed, and so on.
To install the plugin you can go to the menu:
Plugins > Add New.
There are various plugins that you can use for free.
It’s good to have this plugin, but don’t overuse the plugin.
It can ruin the performance of your blog.
The key is to use only the plugins you really need.
If not necessary do not install.
You can refer to this post for a guide: 8 Essential Plugin Lists for WordPress Blogs.
Ready to install the necessary themes and plugins, then:
#3. Make basic settings on the blog
The last part before you start creating a post/page.
Make settings for the display of your blog.
These settings you can access through the menu:
Appearance > Customize
This will open a new page showing your blog’s view.
There are options provided on the left side of the display.
Display options are such as site identity, color, and so on.
To make this set is quite easy because you can see the changes made in a given blog view.
Another option for this section varies according to the theme you use.
Take the time to choose the best settings for your blog in this section.
Another setting you need to see.
(after customizing the blog)
That is the URL part of the site – Permalink.
Access these settings via the menu:
Settings > Permalinks
Change the setting to ‘Post name’ so that your site URL is more beautiful and easy to read.
Don’t forget to click on the ‘Save settings button to save the settings.
Once this section is complete you can start focusing on your blog content!
7 Create a Post
Before that, know first the difference between Post and Page and when to use it.
- Post: Your top choice for any blog article you create. Sorted by time.
The new one is ahead.
- Page: For static pages like about me, company policy, contact us, and so on.
To create a new post click on the ” Post ” menu located on the left side of the admin panel, then select ” Add New “.
The following display will appear:
You can save it as a draft or publish your post.
If you need a reference for the basics of creating a post, you can refer to Basic Guide to Creating a Blog Post [WordPress]
For more reading on how to manage, settings, etc. in the admin panel of your blog, please refer to the following reading:
WordPress Tutorial: How To Use WordPress
Have fun in the world of blogging.
Share if this post is useful and helpful to you. Also, share with your friends who are interested in creating a blog.
Any questions? You can specify in the comments section below. I am ready to help you.