How to Flash Asus Zenfone 5 2021 – As you use it, it’s not impossible that the Asus Zenfone 5 phone will experience problems that can only be solved by flashing.
How to Flash Asus Zenfone 5 2021
Some of these problems include boot loop, not responding, WiFi problems, to completely dead aliases.
Well, to anticipate a method that doesn’t work, Techrizwa.com will share 2 easy solutions that you can use
There are 2 ways to flash Asus Zenfone 5, namely via flash tool and via ADB fast boot tool.
For your information, the type of Zenfone 5 that Intellect uses is T00F, while the other is type T00J.
Download Tools and Materials
You must download the tools and materials below before doing the flashing process proses
Choose only one tool, if you want to use Flashtool then just download Flashtool, or ADB Fastboot, please.
For the current method, which is via SD Card, it doesn’t require any tools, it only needs firmware.
Here’s a list of the tools:
- ADB Fastboot Tool
- Asus Flashtool
- Asus Intel Drivers
Asus Zenfone 5 Firmware
(We recommend choosing the same SKU as the type used (CN, TW, WW or CHT)
- Android Lollipop_UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-22.214.171.124-user.zip
- Android Kitkat_UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-126.96.36.1990-user.zip
- Android Kitkat_UL-ASUS_T00F-CN-188.8.131.520-user.zip
- Android Lollipop_UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-184.108.40.206-user.zip
- Android Lollipop_UL-ASUS_T00F-TW-220.127.116.11-user.zip
- Android Lollipop_UL-ASUS_T00F-CN-18.104.22.168-user.zip
Asus Flashtool Custom Firmware
Choose the one that suits your android:
- A500CG _22.214.171.124_20140811_0963-user-fastboot-user.raw
The firmware is official from ASUS.
How to find out SKU and OS Version of ASUS Zenfone 5
Please enter the recovery mode menu, there you will see the SKU and the version of the Operation System used by your Asus Zenfone 5.
Tips: If the phone can still turn on, you should do a data backup first because this flashing process will delete all important data.
Common Failure Problems
We recommend that you also know the various problems that often arise when following the Asus Zenfone 5 flash method.
This way, you can anticipate and deal with them.
The following usually cause failure:
- Bad data cable, you have to make sure if the quality of the data cable is really good. Usually, a small data cable causes the connection to drop off because the current and voltage are not optimal.
- Low battery, at least make sure the phone has at least 50% battery before flashing.
- The driver is not installed, this is less noticed by people who do flashing. Do not let the flash process fail because the driver is not installed.
- The firmware does not match or is corrupt when downloaded.
So before starting, make sure the conditions are as below:
- PC or laptop with Windows operating system
- Asus Zenfone 5 original or default USB cable (attempted)
- The phone battery is at least 70%, aiming to avoid flashing failure due to running out of power.
1. How to Flash Asus Zenfone 5 T00F via Flashtool
- Deactivate the cell phone.
- Install the Driver and make sure it is installed properly. To make sure, please check the Device Manager menu.
- Extract and save the file you downloaded earlier. Make sure you save the folder in a place that is easy to access (eg desktop).
- Enter the fastboot menu on Asus Zenfone 5. To do this, press and hold the Power + Volume Down (-) button.
- Then, open the Asus Flashtool application.
- Connect the phone to the PC with a micro USB.
- When the cellphone is connected, Flashtool will automatically detect the Asus Zenfone 5 by displaying the serial on the USB logo.
- Please click Browse and select the firmware you have downloaded.
- If so, click Start to start the flashing process.
- Finally, just wait for the flashing process to complete.
2. How to Flash Asus Zenfone 5 T00F via ADB Fastboot Tool
2.1 Getting Started on PC
- Extract and Install the Android Intel Setup Driver on the computer.
- Extract ADB Fastboot Tool.
- Rename the Asus Zenfone 5 firmware that you have downloaded.
- Please change to user, for example, UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-126.96.36.199-user, and change to “user”. Aims to facilitate the process of flashing Asus Zenfone 5 via ADB Fastboot Tool.
- Next, move the renamed Asus Zenfone 5 firmware to the ADB Fastboot Tool folder.
2.2 Preparation of HP
- Continue by going to apply an update from ADB on Asus Zenfone 5.
- The trick, press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together to enter fastboot.
- Then, select Recovery Mode, use volume buttons for navigation and power button for “OK”.
- After selecting Recovery Mode, Asus Zenfone 5 will restart and the Android logo will appear.
- After the logo appears, press and hold the power button then press the volume up button once.
- If it doesn’t work, after the logo appears press Volume Down + Volume Up, then release the volume up without releasing the volume down.
- Select apply update from ADB after being in the recovery menu.
2.3 Process Flash Zenfone 5
- Connect Asus Zenfone 5 to your PC or laptop using a USB cable.
- Run CMD which is in the ADB Fastboot Tool folder.
- Type the command ADB devices in CMD, then the phone will be detected. This indicates that the Zenfone 5 is connected and ready to carry out the flashing process.
- Then, type the command ADB sideload user.zip (user.zip is the firmware that was renamed in the previous step).
- If successful, then the command will look like the following image.
- When the installation process has been carried out, Asus Zenfone 5 will enter recovery mode again. Here, select reboot system now.
- Wait for the Asus Zenfone 5 flash process to turn on (usually takes less than 30 minutes).
3. How to Flash Asus Zenfone 5 via SD Card (Without PC)
This method can be used when you do not have a computer. Here are the steps:
- Make sure the material is ready (only requires Asus Zenfone 5 firmware)
- Insert firmware into SD Card
- Then turn off your android
- Enter the Recovery Menu by pressing the Power + Volume Down button
- Then tap the apply update from the external storage menu.
- Use Volume Up and Down buttons to navigate and the Power button to select
- Look for the prepared firmware and press the power button
- Zenfone 5 flashing process will run
- Wait until the process is complete
The point is, it takes patience, and don’t give up easily in the flash process.
One or two failures don’t matter, because the way to flash the Asus Zenfone 5 does look difficult if you’ve never flashed it before.
Why after typing ” ADB device ” Asus Zenfone 5 in cmd is not detected?
Because the driver has not been installed or there is an error on the computer.
Why when I type ” ADB sideload user.zip ” (name of firmware Asus zenfone 5) the process doesn’t run?
Maybe because the name entered is wrong, so make sure and try to keep the firmware name short. One more thing, don’t forget to type the .zip.
After typing ADB sideload user.zip and the process doesn’t run, why?
This can be caused by choosing the wrong firmware. For example, when your Asus Zenfone 5 has been upgraded to Lollipop, the firmware must also be Lollipop.
What causes E: Error in / sideload/package.zip (Status 7) to appear?
For choosing the wrong SKU. The trick is to download the Asus Zenfone 5 firmware which is the same as the SKU on the Asus Zenfone 5.
Why can a red triangle Android appear on the stomach, even though the firmware is the same?
Try downgrading Android Lollipop to KitKat firmware Version TW_188.8.131.52.