How to Flash Xiaomi Redmi 3 – One way to overcome the problematic Xiaomi Redmi 3 is to flash it.
Best Way to Flash Xiaomi Redmi 3, 2021
It’s just that if you’ve never done it, of course, you need the right guide so that the problematic device can be fixed.
The good news, we have collected various ways to flash the Xiaomi Redmi 3 starting from via Mi Flash, via Fastboot, via ADB, via CMD, or done without a PC via an updater.
We deliberately provide more than one way because if you fail to do one way, then you can try another way.
It should be noted, in each of these red flash methods, you need to prepare the materials that we have prepared.
So you should first prepare a good internet connection, and don’t forget to make sure the battery of the Xiaomi 3 device is at least above 50%. Let’s start with the first method below.
How to Flash Xiaomi Redmi 3
1. via Mi Flash
Download the required materials:
- Mi PC Suite: http://pcsuite.mi.com/
- Firmware ROM Redmi 3: https://goo.gl/cJJ88B
- (Optional) if the windows used are 32 bit, then download the driver first: https://goo.gl/tK61Fj
How to flash Xiaomi Redmi 3:
- Install MI PC Suite and then open the application.
- Connect Xiaomi Redmi 3 Mobile with MI PC Suite.
- Then extract the ROM that was downloaded earlier.
- Turn off the Xiaomi Redmi 3 then press the power button + volume up to enter into download mode (see picture). Click the section marked in red, and connect the Redmi 3 to the computer using a USB cable.
- Then install Mi Flash according to the instructions.
- Open Mi Flash again, click “Browser” then locate the folder where the extra ROM is located.
- Click “Refresh” then click “Flash” (select flash all).
- Now wait until the progress is complete and a sign will appear ” Status The Operation Completed Successfully “
- Then the process of how to flash the Xiaomi Redmi 3 via mi flash has been completed, finally, unplug the USB cable and reconnect the red 3 cellphones.
2. via Fastboot
We have covered this method in full in the post about Xiaomi Fastboot. But you can still use the method below.
Prepare the ingredients in advance:
- Stock ROM Xioami Redmi 3 download at https://goo.gl/HCqgpx
- Mi Flash download at http://bigota.d.miui.com/tools/MiPhone20151028.exe
- ADB and Fastboot Driver download at https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcxw0yy3jvydupd/adb-setup-1.4.3.exe
How to flash Xiaomi Redmi 3:
- Install Mi Flash on the laptop.
- Xiaomi stock ROM extract, it’s up to you where you want to put it.
- Run or open Mi Flash.
- In the Mi Flash application, click the ” Browse.. ” button then select the location of the folder where you saved the ROM file.
- Click the arrow and point to “ Advanced “.
- in the fast boot section, select the ROM script file, there are 3 scripts that can be used:
– Flash_all.bat = install ROM while deleting user data and files in internal memory
– Flash_all_except_storage.bat = Install ROM and delete user data.
– Flash_all_except_data_storage.bat = Installs room but doesn’t delete any data
- You can choose the script as you wish, for example, you don’t want the data to be deleted, then choose the last script.
- Then turn off the Xiaomi device. Then enter fast boot mode by pressing the power button + volume down simultaneously until the logo appears on the screen.
- Install the data cable to connect the Xiaomi Redmi 3 device with the computer.
- Reopen the Mi Flash application and click the ” Refresh ” button with the aim that Xiaomi Redmi 3 is detected.
- After the “Device ID” is detected, click the “Flash” button to start the xiaomi 3 flash process and wait for it to finish.
- When finished, the Xiaomi cellphone will restart automatically. Only then remove the USB from the cellphone. Done.
3. via Updater
In addition to Xiaomi Redmi 3, how to flash without a pc via this updater can also be used for:
- Redmi 3 Series
- Redmi 4 / 4a / 4 Prime etc
- Redmi Note 3 / Pro
- Redmi Note 4 Series
- Mi Series ( MI 5 / MI 6 Etc.)
- And much more
Prepare first before starting flashing Xiaomi Redmi 3:
- Another ROM Latest Version “Device”, download at http://en.miui.com/download.html
- (Choose one of the ROMs below, adjust it to your Xiaomi Redmi 3 type),
- China Stable ROM: https://goo.gl/xBRnmX
- Global Stable ROM: https://goo.gl/TUeZCT
- Battery Xiaomi Redmi 3 above 50% (tested: Xiaomi Redmi 3)
Steps to flash red 3:
- Of course, first, download the ROM according to the type of Xiaomi used.
- After the download is complete, move the ROM file to the Internal Storage/downloaded_rom folder. For MIUI 8 users can save it in any folder as long as it remains on the internal storage.
- Open “Settings” → scroll down until you find “About Phone” → Click “Systems Update”.
- Click the 3 dots button on the top right → “ Choose update package ” → go to the folder containing the ROM firmware file → OK.
- A few moments later the Xiaomi Redmi 3 device will restart and the flash process is complete.
- Updates can also be done through “system update” by way of Settings-About Phone → System update → check for updates. If available click update.
- Generally, the ROM is in .zip format.
- The boot process will take a long time, it is recommended not to rush to press the power button.
- Before flashing, the device should be in a clear state or Wipe the data via Mi Recovery to prevent any bugs from the previous ROM.
4. via ADB
The final solution for those of you who have done all the methods above but haven’t worked on Windows 32 bit, then you can do the method below which Techrizwa.com found on Xiaomi forums.
First, you have to prepare the ingredients:
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Redmi 3/PRO at https://goo.gl/PNX797
- Fastboot ROM Redmi 3/PRO at https://goo.gl/QrWTAU
- Mi Flash Tool at http://bigota.d.miui.com/tools/MiPhone20151028.exe (to install the required drivers)
If all the materials have been downloaded, then the next steps are:
- Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- Install Mi Flash Tool
- Extract the Fastboot ROM file to the directory where you installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot, for example, C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot
*note: also remove all files in the images folder, so there are no more files in the images folder
- Turn off your Redmi 3/PRO, then enter Fastboot Mode by pressing the Vol down button and the power button
- Still in the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder, you hold down the Shift key on the keyboard then right-click and select “open command window here”
- Then type the following command: (each command ends with entering).
- fast boot flash tz tz. mbn
- fast boot flash dbi SDI.mbn
- fast boot flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
- fast boot flash rpm. mbn
- fast boot flash about emmc_appsboot.mbn
- fast boot erases boot
- fast boot flash misc. img
- fast boot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
- fast boot flash system. img
- fast boot flash cache.img
- fast boot flash userdata userdata.img
- fast boot flash recovery recovery.img
- fast boot flash boot boot. img
- fast boot reboot
- Your Redmi 3/PRO will automatically reboot and just wait for it to enter the home screen (it’s quite long).
How after doing this flash Xiaomi Redmi 3? Is your cellphone back to normal as expected or is it still having problems? do not hesitate to ask.