How to Permanently Delete Instagram Account and Deactivate Full Guide-Association on social media is not as easy as polishing our real identity in the real world. In fact, findings that due to social media, 580 thousand young people attempted suicide in 2007 and this number increased 8 years later to reach 1.12 million cases.
How to Permanently Delete Instagram Account and Deactivate Full Guide 2021
Therefore, techrizwa.com wants to help those of you who are looking for ways to stay away from social media, especially Instagram. This article will tell you how to delete an Instagram account. Not only one way, but various ways to delete a permanent IG account or temporarily disable IG.
Read more: Related links
How to Delete Instagram Account
Before learning how to delete an Instagram account, you should make sure a few things first, such as the Instagram account password that will be deleted, lest you forget your own account password because Instagram cannot delete accounts that are considered not yours.
Additionally, if you require the photos you’ve uploaded, do a back – up photos in your account first. Finally, make sure you are sure of your decision and reason for deleting your Instagram account, because there are 2 ways you can choose to delete your Instagram account, namely:
How to Delete a Temporary Instagram Account
In addition to being bored with social media, you can also use this trick when you want to focus on studying for certain exams, competitions, or matches. How to temporarily close an IG account or temporarily deactivate an account does not automatically delete the content or comments that you have uploaded, including “ likes ” on photos that you have provided.
Also read: Best Instagram Plugins for WordPress Sites
If you choose to close your account for a certain period of time, here’s how to temporarily deactivate Instagram:
- Through your browser, click the Deactivate Instagram Account link.
- Usually, on this page, Instagram will ask you to log in first.
- After successfully logging into the page to deactivate your account, you will get a short message as well as a warning about what will be deactivated from your account.
- Select your reason for deactivating your account in the “Why are you disabling your account?” which consists of 10 different options, from worrying about data security to reasons to take a break.
- If you are done with specifying the reason for deactivating the account, retype your password and click “Temporarily Disabled Account.”
- You will be immediately returned to the Instagram login page and wait a few hours for Instagram to successfully deactivate your account.
How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently
This permanent way to delete an Instagram account can be done if you are really sure about your decision to stay away from Instagram social media. The reason is if you delete your account permanently, all your data will be deleted, such as photos, videos, followers, accounts you follow, even all accounts that mark your account in their photos.
If you can accept all the risks, do the following ways to permanently delete your IG account:
- Open this link via your computer browser: Delete your Instagram Account.
- Login to the Instagram account that will be permanently deleted.
- Choose one of the 9 reasons you deactivated your account in the “Why are you deleting your account?” such as worrying about data security to anxiety about privacy.
- Read again the consequences that will occur after your account is deleted.
- If you have determined the reason, retype your password and click “Permanently Delete My Account.”
- You will be immediately returned to the Instagram login page, done!
Also read: Easy Ways to Create Ads on Instagram
How to Delete an IG Account Through the Application
In addition to deleting an account via a browser, there is a way to delete an Instagram account through an application on your smart device. Edits, it doesn’t mean you can immediately deactivate/delete an account through the application, yes, but Instagram makes it easy for you to access the account deletion website. Here’s how you can do it:
- When you are logged in to the Instagram account that will be deleted, click on your profile.
- Click options/options, three horizontal lines on the top right.
- Select Settings in the bottom row.
- Select Help, then Help Center.
- You will be directed to the instagram.com page, then select “Stop Using Instagram”
- On the next page, select “How do I delete my Instagram account?”
- Select the “Delete Your Account” link
- Continue the account deletion process and the reason
Also read: 4 Strategies for Doing Social Media Marketing
How, through this article tutorial, you now know that there are various ways to delete an Instagram account, be it through a browser or an application.
However, as additional information, it’s okay if you want to delete your profile from Instagram social media, but don’t leave your business social media to account disabled either. The reason is, social media today can be the right tool for you to reach your target audience, especially if your target market is Instagram users.