How to Root and Install TWRP Samsung J2 Prime (100% Working) – By following the root tutorial given here, you will be able to root the Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime without using a computer / PC. Once the phone is rooted, you can Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung J2 Prime, remove unwanted pre-installed apps, install custom-made Android apps, etc.
How to Root and Install TWRP Samsung J2 Prime (100% Working)
Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime is a high-quality Android smartphone, which comes with a 5.0-inch touch screen, is powered by a 1.4 GHz Quad-core processor along with 1.5 GB RAM and this device runs on Android operating system v6.0 (Marshmallow ).
If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root and install TWRP on Samsung j2 Prime, you are in the right place because I have provided a tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime here.
Also, read related article:
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy A50 Without PC (100% Working)
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi GO
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy A40 (100% Working)
- How To Root Lenovo A6000 Plus Without PC (100% Working)
- How to Root and Install TWRP Xiaomi Mi 8 (100% Working)
WARNING: How to root your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime will void the warranty, and you won’t be able to claim it until you unroot your phone. So, think carefully about this before starting with the root procedure.
Step 1: The root procedure given here is not a data-loss process, but it is safe to take a complete backup of your data on your smartphone. So, take it using the appropriate application.
Step 2: Make sure that your phone has at least 50-60% battery backup in it as the rooting process is time-consuming.
Step 3: Now, enable ” Unknown Sources ” by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown Sources. Only by enabling this option, your device will allow the installation of applications from unknown sources.
After completing all these prerequisites, you can proceed to the rooting tutorial given below.
2 Ways To Root Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime Without PC
Below are 2 ways to root your Samsung j2 Prime without a PC. Choose your preferred method of rooting.
1. How to Root Samsung J2 Prime with Kingroot
Step 1: To get started, download the Kingroot application onto your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime. Once downloaded, tap on kingroot.apk to install the app on your phone.
Step 2: After installing kingroot, Open it on your Hp. Since your phone is not rooted, you will get the following message: Root Access Not Available.
Step 3: Now, click on the blue ” Start Root ” button to start the rooting process. During the rooting process, you will get the following message: Root. Please, don’t worry if your device reboots.
Step 4: After the root process is complete, you will get the following message: Root Successfully.
There he is. Now you have successfully finished rooting Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime without PC. To confirm, open your Applications menu and look for the KingUser application. If you can find it there, your device is rooted successfully. Or, you can confirm root privileges on your cellphone by using the Root Checker Application.
2. How to Root Samsung J2 Prime with SuperSU
To install, you need TWRP Recovery on your phone. I have written below about how to install TWRP Recovery on your cellphone.
- First of all, make sure to Download the SuperSU Zip file.
- Now move the SuperSu zip file to the root of your internal memory
- You have to turn off your phone.
- Once you are completely powered off, Now boot into TWRP mode by pressing the ” Volume Down + Power” button simultaneously. (On some phones, you can access the recovery menu by pressing the ” Volume Up + Power” button )
- Once your phone has entered TWRP Recovery now take a complete backup of your current ROM. To take backup, tap on the Backup button -> Select partitions such as data, system, and boot. Now swipe to take a backup of the selected partition.
- Once done, you can now flash Super SU zip on your phone. Tap on the INSTALL menu and Browse and Select the zip file
- Now Swipe to confirm flash
- That’s all … You have successfully rooted your Samsung smartphone using SuperSU Zip. Now tap on the reboot system.
- Yes, Now root should work if you installed it correctly.
- To verify, Go to Google Play Store and download the Root Checker app to check root status. If the root checker app says root access is available then Enjoy you have root on your smartphone.
I hope this guide was helpful for installing supersu zip file on your phone.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung J2 Prime
After you have successfully installed TWRP you can install Custom ROM J2 Prime, can install Mod Applications, etc.
- It will only work on Samsung j2 Prime.
- In order to flash a Custom Recovery, you need a Laptop or PC
- Charge your cellphone battery up to at least 70%
- Take a full backup of your device just in case you need it later
- Download SuperSU.zip to root and move it to the internal memory on your phone
- Install Samsung USB Drivers
- Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on the Desktop
- Download TWRP Recovery for Hp Samsung J2 Prime
Tutorial on Install TWRP Samsung J2 Prime
- Enable USB Debugging
- To Enable USB Debugging, First of all, you have to enable Developer Options on your smartphone.
- To activate, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “ Developer options enabled”.
- Once your developer options are active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer options -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.11.1 exe file using Administrator – Right-click your mouse and Open it using Administrator (If there is a pop-up regarding Installing ADB driver let it finish, usually it is updated)
- Now Reboot Your Phone to Download Mode
- So First Turn Off Your Phone -> Press and Hold the Home + Power + Volume Down button Until you see download mode.
- Now Connect your phone to PC using a USB Cable
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin (also make sure COM: xx (xx is the USB port number it can be any number so don’t worry about that just make sure COM is on)
- Add the Recovery TWRP .tar file you downloaded from Above by Clicking on the AP / PDA Button and loading it inside
- Now Make sure repartition is NOT checked – Go to Options and have a look
- Also, Uncheck Auto Reboot if you are installing it for the first time
- Click the start button, sit back and wait a few seconds until you see the message pass. After you see PASS
- Restart your phone holding POWER + HOME + VOL UP.
- Now you have TWRP recovery on your phone.
So I share how to root and install TWRP on Samsung J2 Prime. So, if you are confused you can ask in the comments below.