How to Root and Install TWRP Xiaomi Mi 8 (100% Working) – In this article, I will tell you about how to install TWRP Recovery and root Xiaomi Mi 8 easily. The Xiaomi Mi 8 is the 2018 flagship company and the successor to last year’s Mi 6. Powered by the Snapdragon 845 chipset, it totes a 6.21 ”1080 x 2248 display, 6 GB RAM, and comes in 64/128 / 256 GB storage options.
How to Root and Install TWRP Xiaomi Mi 8 (100% Working)
As is the case with most Xiaomi devices, the development community was fast enough to work on it as soon as the device was launched. With the availability of the official TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 8, now you can easily root the phone. So, we have compiled a practical tutorial on how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root on Xiaomi Mi 8.
Also, read related article:
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi GO
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy A40 (100% Working)
- How To Root Lenovo A6000 Plus Without PC (100% Working)
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy S10 S10+ and S10E
How to Root the Xiaomi Mi 8 is a 3 step process, as is the case with almost every Xiaomi cellphone. This basically involves – (1) Unlocking the bootloader, (2) Flashing TWRP Recovery, and finally (3) Flashing Magisk via TWRP to root.
- First and foremost, make sure you fully back up all the data on your cellphone. This includes messages, contacts, and anything else you think you need.
- Charge the Xiaomi Mi 8 battery to at least 70% to avoid the low bet cellphone during the process.
- Enable USB debugging: To do this, go to HP ‘Settings’ -> ‘About phone. Then tap on ‘MIUI version’ continuously until the ‘You are now a developer!’ message appears on the screen.
- Also, enable OEM Unlocking in Developer Options. For that, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Aditional settings’ and tap on ‘Developer options. Scroll down and activate the ‘OEM Unlocking’ switch.
- Make sure to install the Android platform-tools on the PC.
Before you proceed to root Xiaomi Mi 8, make sure to fulfill all the requirements mentioned above.
- TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 8:
- Forced Encryption Disabler: Disable_Dm-Verity_FEC_v1.1.zip
- Latest Magisk Zip Installer: Magisk-v18.1.zip
How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 8
To install TWRP and root on Xiaomi Mi 8, you will first need to unlock the bootloader on Mi 8. If you have already done so, you can go directly to the steps below.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8
- Download Img TWRP Recovery and transfer it to the C: / ADB folder where the ADB / fastboot binary is.
- Turn off your Xiaomi Mi 8 completely.
- Hold Volume Down and Power button simultaneously to boot into Fastboot mode.
- Connect the phone to PC while in Fastboot mode.
- Open C: / ADB on the PC, where you copied the TWRP image. Then hold down the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Select ‘ Open a PowerShell window here ‘.
- Enter the following command to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-184.108.40.206-dipper.img
- Now it’s important to boot into TWRP first before you can boot into the OS. Use the following command to boot Xiaomi Mi 8 directly into TWRP mode:
fastboot boot twrp-220.127.116.11-dipper.img
Your phone should now be in TWRP recovery mode. Go ahead and follow the steps below to root Xiaomi Mi 8 using Magisk.
How to Root on Xiaomi Mi 8
- On the TWRP screen, tap on the ‘ Keep Read Only ‘ button to not allow system modifications.
- Go to ‘Erase’ -> ‘Format Data’. Type ‘ yes ‘ in the field to confirm data deletion and press Enter. This will completely erase all data on the device.
- Return to the TWRP home screen, then tap on ‘ Reboot ‘, then ‘Recovery’.
- Next, download the Forab Encryption Disabler and Magisk Installer zip files.
- Connect your Mi 8 to PC using a USB cable.
- In TWRP, go to ‘Install’ and press the ‘Enable MTP’ button.
- Copy downloaded files to the phone’s internal storage
- Tap on ‘Install’ and select the ‘ Disable_Dm-Verity_FEC_v1.1.zip ‘ file . Then swipe to confirm the installation.
- Now that encryption is disabled on the phone, you can go ahead and install Magisk to root.
- Return to the TWRP main screen and tap ‘Install’ again and select the ‘ Magisk-v18.1.zip ‘ file.
- Finally, swipe to confirm the installation and root of the Xiaomi Mi 8.
- After the installation is complete, tap on the ‘ Reboot System ‘ button and let the device reboot.
After rebooting, set up like a new device. You should now see Magisk Manager among your applications. That is all. You should now have full root access on your Xiaomi Mi 8. If you want to verify if your device has been rooted successfully, Download and run the Root Checker app from Play Store.
After Installing TWRP, you can now flash flashable ZIP files on your phone, or use it as a full OS backup/restore. On the other hand, root gives you the ability to run root-enabled applications, install and use mods like ViPER4Android OR Dolby Atmos, and many more.
We wish you success on how to Install TWRP Recovery and root Xiaomi Mi 8, Hope it is useful. If you have any questions or faced any issues during the process, feel free to let me know via the comments section below, and we’ll do our best to assist you.