How to Install TWRP and Root Redmi 7 And 7A – If you want to root and install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 7 and 7A (pine) then this is the right time to do it. Today in this article, I will share a tutorial to easily install TWRP Recovery and Root on Xiaomi Redmi 7 & 7A. After installing TWRP and with root, you will be able to flash Custom ROMs, install mods, etc.
How to Install twrp and Root Redmi 7 And 7A
Redmi 7 and Redmi 7a are Xiaomi’s latest low-end smartphones and like the rest, it dominates the competition in the price category. That’s why the company sells so many of its Redmi smartphones. Not only do they have a great price, but the build quality beats others at the same price point as well.
Also, read related article:
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy A50 Without PC (100% Working)
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi GO
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy A40 (100% Working)
- How To Root Lenovo A6000 Plus Without PC (100% Working)
- How to Root and Install TWRP Xiaomi Mi 8 (100% Working)
Lastly, it is the community developer support that this smartphone gets which makes it great for fans like me. Within a few weeks of release, I usually have a decent TWRP build and a way to root the smartphone. You have to unlock the bootloader of Redmi 7 and that is required before you can root.
How to Unlock Bootloader (UBL) of Redmi 7 and 7A
To unlock the Unlock bootloader (UBL) on Redmi 7 and 7A, see the tutorial below.
- Download the Mi Unlock Tool.
- Sign in with your Mi Account on your H.
- Go to Settings> About Phone> MIUI Version and MIUI Version 7 Times.
- Now go to Settings> Additional Settings> Developer Options and check “OEM unlocking” [this should have been checked] and “USB debugging.”
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power button until you see the Fastboot screen.
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Run the Mi Unlock Tool.
- Sign in with your Mi account.
- Start the unlocking process.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Restart your phone.
After unlocking the bootloader of Redmi 7 and 7A, you can directly install TWRP on Redmi 7 and root. Check out the tutorial below.
What is TWRP Recovery
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It is a custom recovery for Android devices which developers use to flash mods, scripts, and Custom ROMs. TWRP started as a small recovery project to facilitate ease when flashing ROMs and special tweaks for android users. With a simple and easy-to-use interface, it has quickly become popular with Android enthusiasts and developers.
There are quite a number of benefits of installing a Custom Recovery like TWRP on an Android Device. This includes flashing Super SU or Magisk as well. These benefits include installing ROMs, Patches, MODs, and more. Apart from that you can also underclock and overclock CPU, clean Wipe, Cache, and Data and so on.
Download the Required Files
Below are all the files you will need. Make sure to download it before continuing the tutorial.
- TWRP: Download Here | TWRP 3.3.1-1
- Xiaomi USB Drivers: Download
- Root file: SuperSU.zip | Magisk.zip
How to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi 7 and 7A
- Download TWRP for Redmi 7 Make sure this file is still named twrp.img so that the command we used in Step # 6 works.
- Move or copy the twrp.img file to the same folder as your ADB and Fastboot tools
- Boot Redmi 7 into Fastboot Mode
- Connect the smartphone to the PC with a USB cable
- Open a Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell in the same folder as your ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Then run the following command . . .
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Make sure you get two OK messages in response
- then can disconnect the USB cable
- So we can press and hold the Power button and Volume Up button simultaneously. As soon as Redmi 7 reboots, release the Power button but keep holding the Volume up button to enter TWRP.
How to Root Redmi 7 and 7A without a PC
To root Redmi 7 and 7A without a PC, you can use Magisak and SuperSU to do it. Check out the tutorial below.
How to Root Redmi 7 without PC with Magisk
- Boot into TWRP Recovery
- Go to Install> Select Magisk Manager Zip file and flash it.
How to Root Redmi 7 without PC with SuperSU
- Boot into TWRP Recovery
- Go to Install> Select SuperSU Zip file and flash it.
So this is a tutorial on how to install TWRP and root your Redmi 7 and 7A on your Android Xiaomi Redmi 7A. Please pay attention to root through only one way, namely Super SU or Magisk. If you run into any issues or issues with this tutorial, let me know via the comments section. I will be happy to assist you.