How to Root and Install the Latest TWRP Pocophone F1 2021 – The Poco F1 is one of the best flagships Xiaomi has made. It comes with all the features you would want in a high-end smartphone without some flaws. If you have the Poco F1 and unlock the phone’s full potential, you may want to root it. Thus, here in this article, I will share a tutorial on how to root the latest Poco F1 or Pocophone F1 without a PC.
Last year, suddenly, Xiaomi formed a sub-brand called Poco which focuses on budget flagship smartphones. The first phones namely the Poco F1 or Pocophone F1 became popular in no time and for good reason.
Also, read related article:
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy A50 Without PC (100% Working)
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi GO
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy A40 (100% Working)
- How To Root Lenovo A6000 Plus Without PC (100% Working)
- How to Root and Install TWRP Xiaomi Mi 8 (100% Working)
The phone has the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor with Adreno 630 GPU paired with 6 or 8 GB RAM. It comes in three storage variants – 6GB RAM / 64GB ROM, 6GB RAM / 128GB ROM, and 8GB RAM / 256GB ROM. Apart from that, it also supports storage expansion up to 256GB via a microSD card.
Since we are done with the introduction of Poco F1 let’s have a look at the step-by-step guide on how to Root & Install TWRP Poco F1 or Pocophone F1. Make sure to follow each step carefully to avoid mistakes.
Before proceeding, I suggest you make backups of important files stored on your phone to avoid losing data if something goes wrong.
Prerequisite for Poco F1 Root
- Unlock Bootloader of Poco F1
- Windows PC / Laptop
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers
- Xiaomi USB Driver
- USB cable
- Download Custom Recovery ( TWRP 3.2.3 )
- Download Magisk – Systemless Root
- Forced Encryption Disabler: Disable – Forced – Encryption – Treble.zip
If you haven’t unlocked the bootloader of your Poco F1 then consider doing it first as the phone cannot be Rooted with an Unlocked bootloader.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Poco F1:
- Enable USB Debugging on your Poco F1, found under ‘Developer options.’
- Download the official TWRP img file for the Poco F1 and Magisk zip files.
- Copy the TWRP img file to the ADB and Fastboot directory on your Windows PC / Laptop. Though, copy the Magisk zip file to your phone.
- Connect your phone to your Windows machine via USB cable.
- Open a command prompt in the ADB and Fastboot directory by typing cmd in the address bar located at the top.
- Run the following command to flash the official TWRP on your Poco F1:
adb reboot bootloader
- Flash TWRP recovery by running the below command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-126.96.36.199-beryllium-20180831.img
- Then, run the following command:
fastboot boot twrp-188.8.131.52-beryllium-20180831.img
You have successfully installed TWRP on Xiaomi Poco F1.
How to Root Poco F1
To get Pocophone F1 root access, follow the steps below to flash the Magisk Module to learn How to root Poco F1 without PC.
- After executing the above command, you will automatically boot into TWRP recovery.
- Tap on ‘ Install ‘ and select the ‘ Disable-Force-Encryption-Treble.zip ‘ file. Then swipe to confirm the installation.
- In recovery, go to ‘ Install’ and select the Magisk zip file to install on your phone.
- After installing Magisk, reboot your phone by navigating to Reboot -> System.
- There you have it, and you have successfully rooted your Poco F1. If you are facing any errors or difficulties then mention them in the comments section below. We will try our best to assist you as soon as possible.